I seriously can’t believe it’s October already. How did that happen?! Please explain it as slowly as possible to me. Or maybe we can be bewildered together? And make these cute DIY Black Cat Halloween Treat Bags in the meantime? How adorable are these cute black cats? Oh and it’s free only this week on Silhouette’s design store – read on for the tutorial!
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Cutting mat
- Printer paper
- Treat Bag shape (free Silhouette cut file) or your own treat bag design
- Black Cat design
- In Silhouette Studio, open your Framed Treat Bag shape
- Remove the solid lines (set Line Thickness to 0) of the treat bag
- Ungroup your design and make sure that the inner lines are set to No Cut. Regroup and resize so that it fits on your page
- You can either use a rectangle shape and fill it with pink in the background or use pink copy paper
- Fill your cat with color and set to No Cut
- Replicate as a pattern throughout the page and send to print
- Load your page onto your Silhouette cutting machine
- Send your treat bag shape(s) to cut using copy paper settings
- Fold and assemble your treat bag (adhere with glue)
And that’s it! You now have cute treat bags for Halloween! If using food items, please remember to add a layer of wax paper between the treat and bag.
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.