This week’s inspiration is all about feathers. Specifically the ones that are free this week on Creative Market. Aren’t they all gorgeous? Star Studios created these 8 blue beauties. They come in .png files which means they have transparent backgrounds. I love this format because they are easy to manipulate, layer, etc. So what did I do with one of these gorgeous feathers? DIY feather pattern and seed envelopes of course! The seed envelope shape is available for download from my tear-away seed envelope post. Want to make your own?
- Silhouette Studio
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Cutting mat
- Printer or copy paper
- Tear-away seed envelope shape (you can use this free download)
- Feather images
- Bone folder
- In Silhouette Studio, open your tear-away seed envelope file
- Merge your 1.png feather file with your current document
- Resize your image, then replicate and rotate the second copy 180 degrees
- Position your feathers to your liking and replicate throughout the page
- Print your design
- Place your tear-away seed envelope shape on your page
- Load your machine with the feather pattern and send to cut using copy paper settings
- Score and assemble your envelopes with glue and the bone folder
And that’s it! These pretty little envelopes are perfect for little notes and treats. How will you use them?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.