You know I’m a fan of all things floral, right? So when I saw Silhouette’s free shape this week, I had to download it and make something. These DIY Floral Gift Toppers came to mind instantly, because who does not like pretty packages with spring flowers on it? The trick here is to use different colored cardstock. Want to make your own?
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Cutting mat
- Colored cardstock
- Spring flower shape (free this week)
- Hole punch (optional)
- String (optional)
- In Silhouette Studio, open your spring flower shape
- Show the registration marks for Print and Cut
- Resize your floral shape so that it is within the registration marks, and set to “no cut”
- Use the trace tool to select your flower, then trace the edge of the flower
- Group and replicate within the registration marks
- Send your flowers to print on colored cardstock
- Load your page onto your Silhouette cutting machine
- Send to print and cut using cardstock settings
Note: if you do not have your cutting machine yet, you can download the free software, replicate the image throughout the page, and send to print on colored cardstock. Once printed, cut out the images with scissors.
You can now use your cut images as floral toppers. Either stick the flower directly onto your package, or punch holes and secure with string. What colors did you use?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.