Well hello there. How is your week going? With Mother’s Day and Teacher Appreciation approaching I thought I’d share some more floral inspiration for your packages. These DIY Floral Wood Tags would be a sweet addition to your gifts. They are fairly easy to make, so shall we just jump right in?
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version)
- Temporary Tattoo Paper
- Wet towel
- Balsa wood
- Natural hemp cord
- Hole punch
- Scissors or Craft knife and cutting mat
- Clear sealant or nail varnish
- Floral image (I used this Flower and Vines design from Silhouette’s Design Store)
- To create your wood tags, cut rectangles from your balsa wood sheets
- Open Silhouette Studio and merge your floral image (I set my fill color to black)
- Create a rectangular border around the image (my line color was set to black and line thickness was 1.7)
- Group and replicate throughout the page
- Print your designs onto tattoo paper
- Apply the clear adhesive sheet from the tattoo paper package. Use your scraper to smooth the bubbles out
- Cut closely around each rectangle
- Remove the clear adhesive paper for each one, and apply the tattoo to your wood tag with a wet towel
- Once dried, gently apply the hole punch to create a hole in your tag
- Apply a clear sealant or nail varnish to the wood to protect the tattooed image
And that’s it! Now you have these sweet wood tags just in time for spring time gifts. Which floral image did you use?
Looking for some more inspiration? Check out my other tattoo paper projects and craft a little longer with me.