The kids are back in school this week, which means a bit of solo crafty retail therapy and the inspiration for this DIY Leaf In Leaf Wall Art. Creating wall art with a wood frame has been on my list of DIYs to try. For some reason I’m drawn to square things, so I bought this pack of 3 square display frames (which were on sale!!) at Michaels. And then some pink cardstock for the background. Once everything came together, I was so pleased with the results. I think this artwork will be a lovely housewarming or Mother’s Day gift, what do you think? Yes? Then read on for the tutorial!
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Leaf In Leaf design on the Silhouette Design Store
- Pink (for the frame’s mat) and white cardstock for the cut design
- Square display frames (white 8×8 in) – I got mine at Michaels but you can get something similar here online
*This post contains affiliate links for products that I use and love!
- Download and open the Leaf In Leaf design in Silhouette Studio
- Load your white cardstock onto your Silhouette cutting machine and send to cut using cardstock settings
- Cut your pink cardstock to a square (8×8 in)
- Glue the cut Leaf In Leaf design to the middle of the square pink cardstock
- Remove the backing of your square frame and add your pink and white artwork
- Reassemble your frame
- Optional – you can remove the glass display too
All you need to do is hang your pretty art on your wall, display on a desk or give as a gift. What will you do with yours? Tell me in the comments below.
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects!