Well hello! So, I was walking home from the gym yesterday and I saw this lovely tree flowering. I had to take a picture of one of the flowers…check it out on my Instagram feed. I was instantly inspired. And so, that’s how these DIY paper flower gift boxes came to life. I used my Silhouette CAMEO and its software to design my version of the flower… want to make your own?
- Silhouette cutting machine (I own the CAMEO)
- Silhouette Studio
- Cutting mat
- Martha Stewart Micro Bead Set
- Small Gift (Jewelry) Boxes
- In Silhouette Studio, create half of your petal using the Pencil tool (Draw Smooth Freehand). Mirror Right, then Create a Compound Path. Tip: use the grid as a guide
- Create a small circle at the base of your petal
- Drag the Petal’s center of rotation to the middle of your circle
- Create 3 rotated copies (90 degrees) of your petal
- Weld all your petals and circle to create a complete flower
- Send to cut using cardstock settings
- Decorate the middle of the flowers with micro beads
- Adhere your flowers to your small gift boxes
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.