How’s your weekend going? I’m just about to head to the farm and do some serious pumpkin shopping. Insane because next week we’re supposed to have gorgeous 80 degree weather. Which reminds me of all things – you guessed it – tropical. And, coincidentally this DIY Circle Framed Art. Cute, right? This is last minute, but Creative Market will have this lovely artwork free for download until tonight. Go grab your copy and read on for the tutorial!…
- Silhouette cutting machine (I used my CAMEO)
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Cutting mat
- Circle Photo Box design
- Favorite artwork (I got mine here on Creative Market)
- In Silhouette Studio, open your Circle Photo Box design and artwork
- Optional: Ungroup the box shapes and remove the dashed square lines (I used a scoring board and bone folder to fold my box. Regroup and resize your design to the size you want your frame to be
- Resize your artwork so that it is the same size or slightly smaller than the square that came with the box design
- Send your box shape to cut using cardstock settings
- Show registration marks, then replace the box shape with the artwork (make sure your artwork is set to Cut. Print your artwork on cardstock
- Send your artwork to cut using cardstock. Your CAMEO will read the marks, then print around the cut lines of your artwork
- Fold and assemble your framed artwork (adhere with glue). For a shadow box effect, glue your artwork to the bottom square of the box
Now you have lovely framed artwork for your desk or walls! Which pieces of art did you choose?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.