One more quick Halloween craft before the big day on Monday – DIY Halloween Tic-Tac-Toe. If you are looking for something that’s not candy to give little ones, why not try this cute DIY game? A fun activity for the car or classroom party. Read on to make your own!
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Silhouette cutting machine or craft knife and cutting board
- Cutting mat (for the Silhouette)
- Jack O Lantern Faces design (on sale now Silhouette Design Store!)
- In Silhouette Studio, open and ungroup your Jack O Lantern Faces design onto a new document
- Create a circle with a thick black border using the circle tool (hold the Shift key to create a perfect circle)
- Fill your face features with black color and set to No Cut
- Group the face features and move them onto your circle. Replicate as needed – these will be your game play pieces. Show registration marks, then send to print and cut on colored cardstock
- For the game board, use the rectangle tool to create a square (mine was 4.5 in), and the line tool to create the tic-tac-toe grid. Hold the Shift key down for a perfect square and straight lines
- Create a thick black border for the square and color and thicken the lines black. Set the lines to No Cut then group everything. Show registration marks, then send to print and cut on colored cardstock
Note: If you are cutting by hand, print your design on colored cardstock, then cut along the outer black borders
Make as many as you like, then package them up for the little ones to play on Halloween! Which faces did you use for your game pieces?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Kids Projects!