I could not have found a more perfect and girly way to celebrate the nation’s birthday. How cute are these DIY Mini July 4th Floral Tattoos? Fun, right? These temporary tattoos are great to share at your annual parties and BBQs or even to add to little gift bags. Totally easy to do. The main things you need are printable tattoo paper, Silhouette Studio (or other software), these cute florals and a printer. Read on for the full tutorial!
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version! I used v3)
- Printer (if you want to use a color other than white) – or a thick colored cardstock
- 4th of July Flowers and Wreath Clip Art
- Temporary Tattoo Paper
- Wet towel
*This post contains affiliate links for products that I use and love!
- Open Silhouette Studio and open your floral images (I used the .png images)
- Resize your florals so that it will fit on your thumb (or wherever you plan to apply your tattoos)
- Mirror your florals (this is so that when it is applied it to your skin, it will appear the correct way)
- Replicate throughout the page
- Print on to tattoo paper
- Follow the directions and apply the clear adhesive sheet from the tattoo paper package. Use your scraper to smooth the bubbles out
- Cut closely around each floral image
- Remove the clear adhesive paper for each one, and apply the tattoo face down to your skin with a wet towel
Cute right? Now which florals did you use? Tell me in the comments below!
Looking for some more inspiration? Check out my other tattoo paper projects and craft a little longer with me!