I’m obviously feeling the tropical vibe these days, because today’s Mini DIY Hibiscus Journals were totally inspired by one of my favorite tropical flowers. I live in a pretty little neighborhood that reminds me of the movie set of Pleasantville – I kid you not. Some of these pretty little homes have gorgeous hibiscus plants, and I swear I’ve seen some blooms the size of my head. Gorgeous. So here I am surrounded by these stunning flowers which led to today’s DIY Stationery post. Want to make your own? Read on!
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version!)
- Silhouette cutting machine (I used my CAMEO for this one)
- Cutting mat
- Printable sticker paper
- Hibiscus set
- Notebook, Journal or Planner (I used these mini Moleskine notebooks)
- In Silhouette Studio, merge your hibiscus set onto a new document
- Fill your shapes with color and resize so that they can fit your notebook. Set the outermost shape to Cut and the inner shapes to No Cut
- Show registration marks for Print and Cut
- Arrange your hibiscus images onto the page
- Print and cut your hibiscus images using sticker paper settings
- Adhere your hibiscus images to your notebooks
And that’s it! Which journal did you choose to decorate?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.