Happy Thursday! I can’t believe we are almost 2 weeks away from Christmas. Insane. We got our tree last weekend, and got a lot more than we bargained for. It’s gorgeous. It’s large. And our home smells like heaven. So we had to trim a few pieces, which led to my DIY Holiday Gift Wrap post today. I took pics of my little clippings and brightened it up in Photoshop Elements, and thought it would be cool to make my own gift wrap with a pattern using my best image. If you don’t have the time to take or edit your image, I have my image that you can download and play with below. So, what do think – want to make your own?
- Silhouette Studio (there is a free version)
- Paper (I used plain white printer paper)
- Color Printer
- Pine image (you can make your own or download mine)
- In Silhouette Studio, create a new document and open your pine image
- Trace and Crop the image to create cut lines around the pine image
- Adjust the size and angle (if you want)
- Use the Replicate tool to repeat throughout the page
How easy is that? I love the way my little amateur attempt to making a pattern turned out. How will you create you own lovely wrap?
For more inspiration, check out my other Packaging DIYs.