Happy November! Did you have a good Halloween weekend? We are exhausted! Thankfully the kids had the day off yesterday, so we just chilled out and enjoyed the Fall weather. Between the resting and chilling, I was able to download and swoon over these gorgeous patterns by Tanya Akhmett on Creative Market. Oh, and they are free, free, free this week! There’s so much you can do with them, but today I thought I’d share these DIY patterned monogrammed tags. These patterns are so on point and on trend – you can take any font with a good weight and make yourselves a nice stash just in time for the Holiday season. I used my Silhouette Curio, but you can use your electronic cutting machine. Want to make your own?
- Silhouette Studio
- Silhouette Curio
- Favorite font (a thick one) – I used Kota Mini Font
- Glue or a Sticker Machine (to adhere your seals to your packages)
- Vector collection of ink patterns (free this week only!)
- In Silhouette Studio, go to the Design Settings Page and confirm that your page and mat are showing Curio settings
- Open the ink patterns and resize them so that they fit on a page and confirm that they are set to No Cut
- Set your blade to Cardstock settings in the Tool 1 (red) slot
- Send to print
- Use the Text tool and place your letters on each swatch or square of pattern
- Load your cardstock on to your mat (note: peel the blue protective sheet off first)
- Load your mat and other platforms onto the tray. In the settings, you will see 6 platforms are required. These are the platforms that come with your Curio bundle. Each one is labeled with a 1 or 2 (which counts as the number of platforms). Your mat counts as 1. So you will need a two 2s and a 1, then your mat (2+2+1+1=6)
- Load your tray onto your machine, and send to cut using Cardstock settings
And that’s it! You now have gorgeous modern tags for all your pretty packages. Which patterns did your use?
PS – Is the Silhouette Curio on your wish list? You can save $15 right now with promo code MARITZA (valid until Nov 24 2015)
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Silhouette America. I adore my Silhouette cutting machines and all the other products I have used from Silhouette. This awesome partnership allows me to share great bundles and deals, as well as fun projects, like this one.
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.