I can’t believe it’s been a week since Valentine’s Day. I’m still obsessing over pretty packaging so I thought a quick and easy DIY Polka Dot Washi Tape post would be perfect for today. Washi tape or decorative tape is such a cute way to package your gifts. I used some for the teachers’ Valentine’s gifts last week, and need to make some more. So, fire up that printer of yours, grab some sticker paper and let’s make some cute decorative tape!
- Silhouette Studio
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Polka dot pattern – I used the pattern that came with this Sofy Font on Creative Market
- Printable sticker paper
- In Silhouette Studio, open and resize your pattern and place the top right of the box in the print/cut area (note: I used the square image from the paper folder – 9.jpg)
- Use the replicate tool throughout the page
- Print on sticker paper
- Cut strips of the polka dot pattern with a craft knife and cutting mat
- Cut smaller pieces as needed then adhere to your tags, packages, journals or mood boards
Now you have some lovely polka dot washi tape on hand. What will you use it for?