It certainly is a happy Friday. How was your week? Today, I wanted to share this DIY Doodled Floral Gift Box. Did you know that the Silhouette Curio can cut and sketch in one sweep? Yep – you can use this handy double carriage feature to use 2 tools, by just clicking Send To Cut in Silhouette Studio. The steps are below, but first let me make your week a little better. Silhouette America is hosting a Curio giveaway starting today. Hop on over to their Instagram account and enter for your chance to win this awesome cutting machine. Winners (they are giving away 2 Curios!) will be announced April 15th, 2016 – Good luck! Now, here’s how you can use this handy feature to make these cute gift boxes using its double carriage feature.
- Silhouette Studio
- Silhouette Curio
- Flower Sketch design
- Box and Flower Tags design. I used the bottom (deeper shape) for both the top and bottom of the boxes shown. Full disclosure? Total accident – yep, you read right
- Silhouette Pen Holder
- Sakura Pen
- In Silhouette Studio, open your box and sketch designs (use the File > Merge option to open in the same document)
- In Silhouette Studio, go to the Design Settings Page and confirm that your page and mat are showing Curio settings
- Place the top of your box and copies of your sketch onto the cutting page area
- Set your blade to Cardstock settings and select Tool 1 (red) slot for these settings
- Insert your pen into your pen holder and into the blue slot. In Silhouette studio, select Silhouette Sketch Pens for the blue slot
- Load your cardstock on to your mat (note: peel the blue protective sheet off first)
- Load your mat and other platforms onto the tray. In the settings, you will see 6 platforms are required. These are the platforms that come with your Curio bundle. Each one is labeled with a 1 or 2 (which counts as the number of platforms). Your mat counts as 1. So you will need a two 2s and a 1, then your mat (2+2+1+1=6)
- Load your tray onto your machine, and send to cut
- Remove your cut and sketched cardstock and assemble with glue
And there you have it – how cool was that?
This post is brought to you in partnership with Silhouette America. I adore my Silhouette cutting machines and all the other products I have used from Silhouette. This awesome partnership allows me to share great bundles and deals, as well as fun projects, like this one.
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.