Happy Friday, Folks! With all the leaves flying around and no more pretty blooms outside, I needed to create some paper flowers to end the week. I thought I’d challenge myself by creating flowers with simple shapes (like my heart inspiration). Today’s focus is on the diamond. I used the Polygon tool in Silhouette Studio to create the basic shape, then rotated copies. Added a little circle in the middle for the string, cut on cardstock, et voila! Want to join in the paper flower action?
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Silhouette Studio
- Cutting mat
- Stylus and Scoring Board
- Natural hemp cord
- Hole punch
1. Create a diamond with the polygon tool
2. Drag the center of rotation handle to the bottom of the diamond
3. Rotate copies (I copied 3) using the Replicate tool. Add a circle big enough for your hole punch
4. Select them all and weld. Make copies on your cut area, then send to cut using cardstock settings.
5. Use your stylus and scoring board to score and roll your petals, then add a hole for the string. Knot your string and thread through the hole
And you’re done! These lovely flowers are perfect for your fall and winter packages, bringing pretty blooms to brighten up the seasons. Stay tuned for more flowers with simple shapes!
Looking for some more inspiration? Browse through my other Silhouette projects.