Hee – I was actually going to title this post DIY Gold Foil Faux Wax Seals. Try saying that 3 times quickly. These are the silly things that make me giggle. Alas. Oh right – today’s DIY. So, DIY Gold Faux Wax Seals it is. Adding a little twist to an old favorite. I’m using gold foil and updated fonts on my Faux Wax Seals. The method is the same, just a different medium. A while back I bought non-adhesive gold foil and have been itching to use it for some time now. So here we are. I love the look of gold on white – it’s a simple and timeless combination that will always be on trend.
- Silhouette cutting machine
- Silhouette Studio
- Cutting Mat
- Gold foil cardstock (I got mine at Michaels, but you can get some here too. Oooh and it’s on sale now with free shipping)
- Using Silhouette Studio, create an oval shape
- Double-click your oval to edit the points and reshape
- Create an internal offset and rotate to create the shape of your “melted wax”
- Select/ create a shape or letter for the middle of your seal. This will be what you are “stamping”. Then make a copy of your outer “melted wax” shape your created in Step 3
- Load your gold foil cardstock and cut your shapes. For the settings, I set my blade to 5 and selected “double cut” and cardstock
- Use your glue to layer your paper pieces to create your seal
Now that you have your gorgeous gold faux wax seals, what will you use them for?
Looking for some more inspiration? Take a look at my other Silhouette projects.